I’m blowing bubbles to raise money to buy bereavement libraries to assist with the care and support of local families who have experienced stillbirth .
My son Angel Benjammin was stillborn 2 and a half years ago, and Mel’s ‘Towards a tomorrow Together’ memory box helped me so much!
I would like to assist in raising funds to create bereavement libraries in our local birth units, The John Radcliffe and Chipping Norton, to help and assist mothers and families through this devastating experience.
Also… Bubbles are beautiful, and make people feel happy!
The bubble marathon will be held at Gloucester Green market, from 6 am till 6 pm on the 10th of November 2016.
Please come along, bring bubbles, join in, donate, celebrate and show your support.
You can also donate towards the cause here, on my Just Giving page. Any contibution will make a difference, no matter how small.
All my love, Lara xxx
So I’m planning to take my book, The Princess and the Poo, on a European book tour. Any donations towards this tour will be gratefully accepted! My plan is to share the message that natural childbirth can be free of fear and restriction, and a joyful, peaceful experience for mothers, fathers and babies everywhere.
The first mission was to travel to every school in the British isles and to read the story to them, create a play, and generate discussions with the children that will lead on to more education and empowerment about childbirth. We didn’t go to every single one but we did go to A LOT!
The next mission is to go to the places that the book has been translated in: Spain, France, Holland and Germany, and to do more workshops there!
The way that we give birth and the way that we are born are defining factors in how we evolve as humane human beings! To educate our next generation so that they give birth to our grandchildren in love and peace is the pathway to really creating peace on earth! Peace on earth begins with peaceful birth.
What We Need
To create this book tour we need travel costs! Each country has a host where we can stay and our food will be sorted . Our work will be voluntary and all funds will go towards getting to each place and making sure as many books as possible get read and seen by as many people as possible!
To give birth in peace, joyfully and lovingly is every human woman’s birthright! To be born in peace, held lovingly in your mothers arms, free from abuse and harm is every human’s birthright!
In this modern age we are fortunate in this country to have so much, and to have progressed so far, however the ceaserian secton rate is going up and the homebirth rate is going down.
Homebirth is safe and cost effective and could be utilized by up to 70% of the population saving our ailing NHS a lot of money! it costs £800 for a homebirth and £2000 for a c section!, at the moment our homebirth rate is 3% and could change drastically if we only educated ourselves and our children about birth properly!
In an age of TV drama birth is always depicted as an emergency and our children and ourselves have grown to see birth as something abnormal and terrifying, instead of an amazing life changing extreme physical process, filled with love!
Oxytocin ( fast labour in Greek), the hormone responsible for the birth process, and the opening of the birth canal, is only secreted when the body is relaxed and calm, as soon as there is fear the body switchs to creating adrenaline, the closing fight or flight hormone. Just this simple knowledge is changing hospital birth protocols all over the world but if the women giving birth are still terrified because of the tv and lack of education then she will still need a lot of medical intervention to birth her baby.
Educated empowered birth is only going to happen if we educate and empower our selves and our children. Please help me start this process ! Peace on earth begins with peaceful birth! We will change this world one birth at a time!
To buy The Princess and the Poo in paperback, or in epub format, to read on your handheld device, please visit Lulu.com.
Join us in the beautiful Alpuharran mountains of southern Spain to soak up three days of self-love!
Red tent circle, wedding basket sharing, drum journeys, Mexican birthing chocolate, Rebozo massage, Tantric energy raising meditation and loads of Glorious Goddess Goodies!
Love, Birth, Sex & Chocolate Weekender
The Love, Birth, Sex & Chocolate Weekender will be held at the Da-a-Luz Holistic Birth Oasis, Orgiva, in the Alpujarra region of Andalucia, Spain.
Dates: 20th-22nd February 2016
Cost: £150 (camping and food included)
Contact Lara at email@example.com”
Only 7 spaces left, so please book quickly!
It’s a rainbow! A multi coloured birth story, filled with beauty and awe-inspiring majesty.
Baby Angel Benjamin Love, the creation of fairy love, fairy loving of joy of life. A blessing in my 40th year An excuse to rest, eat, be, love myself and appreciate how wonderful being alive is. Also, he was the colander that sorted my real true loves. Friends from the freeloaders and power-grabbers. Something I am useless at myself.
On Sunday 9th march, 37 weeks pregnant, we discovered that Benjamin’s heart had stopped beating. A condition where the baby takes on water until the heart can no longer support it. No way out, just a thing that happens. I am glad that I was blissfully unaware and so joyfully pregnant throughout his whole existence.
On the 13th march, I gave birth, surrounded by best friends Josie and Coral, husband Jim, Mum, Dad, my sister Holly, my son Jake and midwife sisters Joy and Meg. Some extra hormones in my fanny to start things off and really soon my waters began to flow. I relaxed and danced, kissed and cuddled, and soon I was needing to rock. I was fearful, the acupuncture lady gave me a tiara of relaxation and I smiled .
I got some stuff to make me poo cos I figured that a clear path for my babe was best, seeing as he wouldn’t be able to help with his body to be born. I got more focused really quickly , rocking, dancing, swaying, loving, being loved in a big bubble of love and light.
I needed to poo and did. I looked at my fanny with a mirror and could see it was opening. My body moved inside. My normal brain said “I need a poo”. My goddess brain said ” I’m birthing a baby now!”
I was up on the bed leaning over the back, kneeling, squatting, stretching. Feeling my body move! Amazing! Bones, muscles, hormones, breath, amazing!
Classically my normal brain said “I can’t do this anymore”, so did my mouth, I’m told . I don’t know. I had gone from physical thought and was now in physical feeling, knowing that my body was in charge and could definately birth my baby.
Chinese burns on my bits… Yes here he comes! Legs first then balls! “Lara he’s got big balls !” shouts my brilliant boy Jake. Breathe deep, relax, hold the space of sensation and experience in a joyful rainbow bubble. Breathe. Be. Feeling myself flower and open slowly and deliberately to birth my son’s belly and arms into the world. Breathe. Relax, float on rainbows of lush joy, distant, sleepy, then waking up to the Chinese burns again! This is it, this is his head, here he is, open, open, open… Relax.
There is a space now where the baby was a moment before. I’m cuddled and held, I breathe. I wail…
I think the wailing was good! It was still hurting and the placenta came, then still my womb was murder! Doing its best to close down, filled with about 8 pints of blood clots. I may be pretty hardcore, but this definately needed assistance! All the way! Drips, pills, injections, masks, crazy massage inside and out, grabbing, scraping… Crazy shit!!!!!
I woke up later, alive!!!! Pretty weak and confused, but alive, and surrounded by love from so many angles. All I could do was accept and learn!!
“The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.”xxx
Royal Baby born safe and well
Kate chose her own midwife and chose her own birth – and wouldn’t you know, she did it all with no complications! A healthy baby boy was delivered at 16:24 BST at St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington, west London, weighing 8lb 6oz. Fairy Doula sends her warmest congratulations to the Royal couple and love to the new baby. And of course, fairy kisses and kudos to Kate for taking control over her birthing experience!
Ok, so I believed that after every day at the conference I would write up my notes on my new shiny box! Not true! I totally forgot how much concentration and writing I would be doing every day not to mention running, smiling, sorting stuff and generally giving loads of energy to all of my favourite midwives and birth activists! So obviously I lunched out my homework! So now, I am about to start transporting my conference notes to blog world, I hope they are as exciting and informative to you all as they are to me!
COUNSELLING FOR POSITIVE OUTCOMES- GAIL HART
- Every pregnant woman should be supported with all she needs when she becomes pregnant.
- stress changes positive outcomes- life can be stressful. U.S. women are expected to do everything with minimal support
- NUTRITIONAL ECONOMIC, SOCIAL – These are all kinds of stress- which lead to high blood pressure and then other complications.
- Nutrition- council for positive outcomes
- assist women to value themselves and respect themselves and their babies by eating well.
- sit and talk, “what did you eat yesterday?”
- you have to know where a woman is dietarily before you can positively affect her diet
- cook for people- bring gluten-free cookies to work
- introduce people to new foods- sprouts, houmous, stevia, seaweed
- sometimes people know how to eat properly but can’t afford it. Assist by organising get-togethers and food shares
- The value of prenatal care is the time spent with the woman, which gives more confidence and connection between you both, raising levels of oxytocin thereby creating better birth experiences
- This is an exciting time for you?” use leading questions to discover where she is with her pregnancy experience.
- Risks and fears need to be planned for but they do not need to be stated as problems to terrify women!
- Try to keep our fears ( and adrenalin) low and the fears of our women low too!
- All women are unique! No matter how you have been educated you need to remember that each woman experiences life differently
- Always ask permission before touching- this creates body respect.
- see the whole woman , use your eyes and ears, heart and hands
- When birth experiences are bad women seem to talk of it less, with fewer details
- Pick up the clues – get the whole story
- Women rarely repeat their birth experience physically- most women put their experiences into perspective
- Each birth is different- each time they change because they grow and change with the birth experience
- Always talk calmly and remind women of the dangers of unfounded fear-mongering thru the internet and gossip.
- High blood pressure is not a symptom of Eclampsia or pre-eclampsia, it is a symptom that something is wrong and needs attention!
- Only 1 out of 100 people diagnosed with pre-eclampsia actually has a seizure at birth
- possibly calcium regulation is a factor in preeclampsia – also kidney functions are a factor.
- MODERATION IN ALL THINGS EXCEPT COMPASSION AND LOVE
Protesters campaign to maintain the provision of independent midwifery in the UK outside the Houses of Parliament on March 25, 2013 in London, England. New EU regulation will mandate that midwives operate with insurance, however no insurers in the UK are willing to extend cover to independent midwives, which will potentially lead to its abolition.
(March 24, 2013 – Source: Oli Scarff/Getty Images Europe) http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/ZDzjvCPgWox/Independent+Midwives+Protest+London/iqDehBpsTJ_