I’m blowing bubbles to raise money to buy bereavement libraries to assist with the care and support of local families who have experienced stillbirth .
My son Angel Benjammin was stillborn 2 and a half years ago, and Mel’s ‘Towards a tomorrow Together’ memory box helped me so much!
I would like to assist in raising funds to create bereavement libraries in our local birth units, The John Radcliffe and Chipping Norton, to help and assist mothers and families through this devastating experience.
Also… Bubbles are beautiful, and make people feel happy!
The bubble marathon will be held at Gloucester Green market, from 6 am till 6 pm on the 10th of November 2016.
Please come along, bring bubbles, join in, donate, celebrate and show your support.
You can also donate towards the cause here, on my Just Giving page. Any contibution will make a difference, no matter how small.
All my love, Lara xxx
So I’m planning to take my book, The Princess and the Poo, on a European book tour. Any donations towards this tour will be gratefully accepted! My plan is to share the message that natural childbirth can be free of fear and restriction, and a joyful, peaceful experience for mothers, fathers and babies everywhere.
The first mission was to travel to every school in the British isles and to read the story to them, create a play, and generate discussions with the children that will lead on to more education and empowerment about childbirth. We didn’t go to every single one but we did go to A LOT!
The next mission is to go to the places that the book has been translated in: Spain, France, Holland and Germany, and to do more workshops there!
The way that we give birth and the way that we are born are defining factors in how we evolve as humane human beings! To educate our next generation so that they give birth to our grandchildren in love and peace is the pathway to really creating peace on earth! Peace on earth begins with peaceful birth.
What We Need
To create this book tour we need travel costs! Each country has a host where we can stay and our food will be sorted . Our work will be voluntary and all funds will go towards getting to each place and making sure as many books as possible get read and seen by as many people as possible!
To give birth in peace, joyfully and lovingly is every human woman’s birthright! To be born in peace, held lovingly in your mothers arms, free from abuse and harm is every human’s birthright!
In this modern age we are fortunate in this country to have so much, and to have progressed so far, however the ceaserian secton rate is going up and the homebirth rate is going down.
Homebirth is safe and cost effective and could be utilized by up to 70% of the population saving our ailing NHS a lot of money! it costs £800 for a homebirth and £2000 for a c section!, at the moment our homebirth rate is 3% and could change drastically if we only educated ourselves and our children about birth properly!
In an age of TV drama birth is always depicted as an emergency and our children and ourselves have grown to see birth as something abnormal and terrifying, instead of an amazing life changing extreme physical process, filled with love!
Oxytocin ( fast labour in Greek), the hormone responsible for the birth process, and the opening of the birth canal, is only secreted when the body is relaxed and calm, as soon as there is fear the body switchs to creating adrenaline, the closing fight or flight hormone. Just this simple knowledge is changing hospital birth protocols all over the world but if the women giving birth are still terrified because of the tv and lack of education then she will still need a lot of medical intervention to birth her baby.
Educated empowered birth is only going to happen if we educate and empower our selves and our children. Please help me start this process ! Peace on earth begins with peaceful birth! We will change this world one birth at a time!
To buy The Princess and the Poo in paperback, or in epub format, to read on your handheld device, please visit Lulu.com.
Join us in the beautiful Alpuharran mountains of southern Spain to soak up three days of self-love!
Red tent circle, wedding basket sharing, drum journeys, Mexican birthing chocolate, Rebozo massage, Tantric energy raising meditation and loads of Glorious Goddess Goodies!
Love, Birth, Sex & Chocolate Weekender
The Love, Birth, Sex & Chocolate Weekender will be held at the Da-a-Luz Holistic Birth Oasis, Orgiva, in the Alpujarra region of Andalucia, Spain.
Dates: 20th-22nd February 2016
Cost: £150 (camping and food included)
Contact Lara at firstname.lastname@example.org”
Only 7 spaces left, so please book quickly!
Ok, so I believed that after every day at the conference I would write up my notes on my new shiny box! Not true! I totally forgot how much concentration and writing I would be doing every day not to mention running, smiling, sorting stuff and generally giving loads of energy to all of my favourite midwives and birth activists! So obviously I lunched out my homework! So now, I am about to start transporting my conference notes to blog world, I hope they are as exciting and informative to you all as they are to me!
COUNSELLING FOR POSITIVE OUTCOMES- GAIL HART
- Every pregnant woman should be supported with all she needs when she becomes pregnant.
- stress changes positive outcomes- life can be stressful. U.S. women are expected to do everything with minimal support
- NUTRITIONAL ECONOMIC, SOCIAL – These are all kinds of stress- which lead to high blood pressure and then other complications.
- Nutrition- council for positive outcomes
- assist women to value themselves and respect themselves and their babies by eating well.
- sit and talk, “what did you eat yesterday?”
- you have to know where a woman is dietarily before you can positively affect her diet
- cook for people- bring gluten-free cookies to work
- introduce people to new foods- sprouts, houmous, stevia, seaweed
- sometimes people know how to eat properly but can’t afford it. Assist by organising get-togethers and food shares
- The value of prenatal care is the time spent with the woman, which gives more confidence and connection between you both, raising levels of oxytocin thereby creating better birth experiences
- This is an exciting time for you?” use leading questions to discover where she is with her pregnancy experience.
- Risks and fears need to be planned for but they do not need to be stated as problems to terrify women!
- Try to keep our fears ( and adrenalin) low and the fears of our women low too!
- All women are unique! No matter how you have been educated you need to remember that each woman experiences life differently
- Always ask permission before touching- this creates body respect.
- see the whole woman , use your eyes and ears, heart and hands
- When birth experiences are bad women seem to talk of it less, with fewer details
- Pick up the clues – get the whole story
- Women rarely repeat their birth experience physically- most women put their experiences into perspective
- Each birth is different- each time they change because they grow and change with the birth experience
- Always talk calmly and remind women of the dangers of unfounded fear-mongering thru the internet and gossip.
- High blood pressure is not a symptom of Eclampsia or pre-eclampsia, it is a symptom that something is wrong and needs attention!
- Only 1 out of 100 people diagnosed with pre-eclampsia actually has a seizure at birth
- possibly calcium regulation is a factor in preeclampsia – also kidney functions are a factor.
- MODERATION IN ALL THINGS EXCEPT COMPASSION AND LOVE
Protesters campaign to maintain the provision of independent midwifery in the UK outside the Houses of Parliament on March 25, 2013 in London, England. New EU regulation will mandate that midwives operate with insurance, however no insurers in the UK are willing to extend cover to independent midwives, which will potentially lead to its abolition.
(March 24, 2013 – Source: Oli Scarff/Getty Images Europe) http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/ZDzjvCPgWox/Independent+Midwives+Protest+London/iqDehBpsTJ_
The Fairy Doula is in the papers again!
Kate Middleton’s birth adviser? Fenland author wins royal approval for unusual pregnancy book
Story by: ROB SETCHELL, Reporter
Thursday, March 7, 2013 2:12 PM
Meet Lara Stockbridge – author, fire-breather and self-appointed birth adviser to the Duchess of Cambridge.
Lara Stockbridge shows off her book and the letter she received from the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Lara Stockbridge shows off her book and the letter she received from the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
The mother-of-two, from March, Cambs, published an unusual, rhyming book about pregnancy last year – and it now comes with royal approval.
That’s because she has received a letter of thanks from Kate Middleton and Prince William after she sent them a copy of The Princess and The Poo.
Miss Stockbridge put her own spin on Hans Christian Andersen’s classic The Princess and The Pea in an attempt to “take the fear out of childbirth” and encourage home births.
The 39-year-old, who writes under the pen name of Lara Fairy Love, said: “A lot of people are terrified of having a baby and all you get taught through the television is that birth is a trauma. The thing about being terrified is that it makes childbirth really hard – it can actually be an amazing experience and that’s why I wrote the book.”
How over the moon was the Fairy Doula to receive a letter from the Palace! The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge wrote to tell me that they were ‘very touched’ by my gift of a copy of ‘The Princess and the Poo’… and the Oxford Mail have published the story 🙂
Royal Baby – Don’t be too posh – or scared – to push!
A writer from Oxford has received royal approval for her unusually titled book about pregnancy.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge sent a letter of thanks to Lara Fairy Love after she sent them her book The Princess and The Poo.
Here’s hoping that I’ve inspired a Royal homebirth…